Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, is it just my imagination, or does it seem to any of you that activity on HTS has picked up quite a bit over the last week, or so?

Every time I log in here lately, it appears that there are far more new threads and posts than usual. :scratch:

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Could very well be the summertime heat.
Go on, rub it in. :eek:lddude:
It's early winter here and I already have a cold. :wits-end: (Occupational hazard when you do IT Support for Schools)

It's good to see the activity though. :T

·
Registered
70 Posts
One of the other HT forums was down for a couple days while they ramped out their new website. May have a little to do with it, maybe not.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Wow... I am a bit surprised that AVS is now owned by Huddler (or partnered with Huddler). They tried to buy/partner with us and we passed. Home Theater Forum... now AVS? They are on the move no doubt. I think that is good for us because we seem to have moved closer to HTF since their change over.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
ALMFamily said:
For me, it is more of the childish and abusive nature of some of the AVS members I cannot stand which is why I really enjoy this forum - that behavior is not tolerated.
+1
I can't make a comment or ask a question without a flame war exploding over there.
I for one really like HTS and have recently quit most activity on the other site for just that reason.

·
Registered
591 Posts
re: AVS - there are some specific forums that are troublesome, but there are others where there are a lot of people who will bend over backwards to help fellow HT nuts. I just avoid the former, and haunt the latter.

re: more activity recently - well, I think more than a little of it had to do with the recent mega Chase HT giveaway! :clap:

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Fitz: I think you got it right. For example, the Denon 4311 forum is where I spend a fair amount of time and the folks there are very nice. Likewise on the Oppo '93 forum, although there are a few outbursts there.

Lets face it, we HT enthusiasts are very passionate about our stuff. But, that is no excuse to get bent out of shape and flame folks that have different opinions. At HTS we can rise above that stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts