Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Motorized Ceiling Mount Screen Advice

Hello All,

I am new to the home theater world and I just purchased an Espon 5030UB projector and I am in the market for a good projector screen. I am looking for a screen in the 135-150" range depending on the total length of the unit is because I have about 140-145" of total wall to play with. I would like to be a motorized, ceiling mounted (below ceiling, not in ceiling), and I am looking for the biggest bang for my buck. My budget is about $1500 give or take.

I originally was looking at the different screens Elite Screens sold but I noticed a come theme in the reviews which was that the screen eventually developed rolls in the screen and that their customer service was horrible which I was afraid of. Then I looked at a few other brand which were in the $4000+ range which kinda freaked me out a bit lol

So in a nutshell, if anyone has any recommendations on a great quality screen that fits this particular need I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that looks like a great screen and the customer service seems to be great. Thanks for the tip! Have you used this brand in the past?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, have you ever heard anything about the Elite Screens? Are they as bad as I have been hearing?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I highly recommend Screen Innovations as a company... great customer service - they once re shipped a new screen next day freight because the original screen had a small defect in it.... no charges just fixed the problem immediately without question...

That said I dont think your going to find a motorized screen in the $1500 price range / in the size your looking for .. My suggestion is a fixed screen in the performance line ....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi DJR147, You can easily mount Motorized Projection Screen on to a wall or on our celling as good screens have holders for both of them, and if you are really planning to mount it onto a ceiling then remember that you must have an RF Remote Controlled Projection screen. It will be more convenient to use. However, It seems your budget is the key factor right? If it is then browse Audio Visual Kart and let the experts suggest the best-suited products according to your requirement.:)
audio visual kart logo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts