Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Motorized Ceiling Mount Screen Advice

Hello All,

I am new to the home theater world and I just purchased an Espon 5030UB projector and I am in the market for a good projector screen. I am looking for a screen in the 135-150" range depending on the total length of the unit is because I have about 140-145" of total wall to play with. I would like to be a motorized, ceiling mounted (below ceiling, not in ceiling), and I am looking for the biggest bang for my buck. My budget is about $1500 give or take.

I originally was looking at the different screens Elite Screens sold but I noticed a come theme in the reviews which was that the screen eventually developed rolls in the screen and that their customer service was horrible which I was afraid of. Then I looked at a few other brand which were in the $4000+ range which kinda freaked me out a bit lol

So in a nutshell, if anyone has any recommendations on a great quality screen that fits this particular need I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that looks like a great screen and the customer service seems to be great. Thanks for the tip! Have you used this brand in the past?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, have you ever heard anything about the Elite Screens? Are they as bad as I have been hearing?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I highly recommend Screen Innovations as a company... great customer service - they once re shipped a new screen next day freight because the original screen had a small defect in it.... no charges just fixed the problem immediately without question...

That said I dont think your going to find a motorized screen in the $1500 price range / in the size your looking for .. My suggestion is a fixed screen in the performance line ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts