Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I don't have a waterfall of the scene, but in the end of Fight Club when
Spoiler
the buildings come down
I thought a truck crashed into my house. That was one of the first scenes I tested my sub on a few years ago and it dropped my jaw.

Otherwise I like a lot of the standards; Titan AE in the ice fields, LOTR:FOTR the cave troll and balrog scenes, the helicopter crashing into the building in The Matrix.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well, I should be doing okay. My subs handled Master and Commander, Blackhawk Down, Fight Club and the Matrix without incident. I don't have the Haunting or War of the Worlds yet so we'll see . . . . My subs are sealed so I guess I don't need to worry too much.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Add "The Matrix Revolutions" HD-DVD to the list, as the post-title expolsion handily bottomed out dual 20-39 PC+ cylinders (and knocked several pictures from the upstairs walls). Note that I typically listen 10-20dB below reference, and it still bottomed, even after re-calibrating my BFD to eliminate possible clipping. Now I am considering what to do if I don't have the headroom I thought I did. My old "sub-killer defacto" - War of the Worlds - has nothing on this!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here Are Some Films That Just Might Put Your Subwoofer To Rest:

Dick Tracy (Tommygun Shootout Scenes)
The Road To El Dorado (The Climax)
Chicken Run (Pie Machine Oven Escape)
The Simpsons Movie (Helicopters Carrying Dome)

Go Ahead And Laugh. Make My Millennium.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts