Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fact that I've had this much trouble so far does not bode well, I think...:sarcastic:

Anyhow... I could not get my external usb sound card to work (as documented in another thread). So, I am attempting to use my Mac's internal sound card!

I plugged the output (headphone) into the input (mic) on the outside of the computer and ran the calibration program on the preferences. I had to tweak the output/input volume within the preferences control panel to get the volume levels right. But, in the end I produced the top graph. Then, moving onto step 2... I used the Measurement feature of REW to check my Calibration file, per the instructions. But my output graph looks nothing like the output graph in the help file. Can someone check these graphs out and tell me if they look right?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Both pics look good . :D

That calibration was a success ! :T

Thanks for the screen-captures ( though the relevant bits are a bit small & fuzzy ) . :huh:

In the future ( & so you know ) use the camera icon ( top-left of the graph window ) for a better capture ( its' dialogue-window asks if one wants to include a few different options, which are all quite useful to the archiving process ) .

- Nows a good time for you to review the POSTING A GRAPH thread by brucek .

-Also, when you get around to posting some results , don't bother to show phase, minimum phase, excess phase or even the sc calibration file ( all of these just clutter up the important info on the screen / ie; the captured frequency response ).

<> EarlK

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks very much for the response and the a-ok!:sn:

I have a radio shack spl... I'm assuming that, before I try to take my first measurements, that I need to:

Checkmark the C Weighted SPL box... and download the Radio Shack SPL calibration file for my particular meter and then load it into the preferences????

Is that it?

I feel like a complete noob...:blink:

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
I have a radio shack spl... I'm assuming that, before I try to take my first measurements, that I need to:

Checkmark the C Weighted SPL box... and download the Radio Shack SPL calibration file for my particular meter and then load it into the preferences????

- Yep on both counts .

- You'll also need to calibrate the SPL meter to 75 db ( so REW has some sort of reference level to go by ) .

- Set the meter to the 80 db range ( C Weighted, Slow ) // if you are going to make sweeps at that level .

<> EarlK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts