Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I got an idea that might get me lower tuining with this subwoofer as I am not happy at the moment and cant afford getting

the tc 5400 up and running yet. Its a mtx sw1515 and it does not like deep output and seems to have a steep roll off at around 30hz. Anyone have an idea how I should go about

this? I was thinking that I could drip epoxy on to the "voice coil" area of the spider as I seen them do when I opened it up for the first time. Or possibly remove some material and

flatten out the area and install a threaded rod so I can add weight to tune but im not trying to spend much on the build or modification. Any ideas? Im pretty handy with many

things. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Lower tuning wont cure the 18db octave Hpass at 25hz though. 27-120Hz from the website.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Do you have the Ultra's yet?

I thought you did? And secondly they dont have to have a LOT of power to have fun with.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do. I have started a different thread on passive radiator choices so I can weigh my options. I want low loud output. That's something that is not in mtx's vocabulary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts