Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got a pair of adam audio T5V speakers, I purchased a pair of XLR to 3.5mm Aux cables so that I could connect them to my PC, these are then put into a headphone splitter and plugged into my line-in port on the back of the PC, however when they are connected the sound is severely muffled/distorted like I am listening to them underwater and when I plug them into my macbook or phone with the same cables they work absolutely fine, I have deleted and reinstalled my drivers and tried them in the front headphone port with no luck, I thought that maybe the line in socket was faulty however when I plug my headphones into the same socket they work fine. I have tried them individually without the splitter but the same problem happens, seems to be a phantom issue almost.

Hopefully someone has a better idea about what is wrong than I do, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,243 Posts
I’m surprised this 3.5 mm to XLR thing actually worked with your phone and Mackbook. If so, the problem is that you should be connecting to a Line Out jack on your PC, not Line In. If that doesn’t work, then ditch the whole thing and go with a 3.5 mm to RCA splitter and connect the Adams via the RCA jacks.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts