Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im looking for some advice on distributing home audio through out my home. I was leaning towards using airport express' in every room and just streaming it through itunes. But the only problem with that i need to use powered speakers or have it hook up through an amplifier. Its kind of inconvenient cause ill need powered speakers for each zone...Basically im open to any suggestions on achieving a way to stream music through out my house smoothly ...also its a new construction house so any thing can be ran as for as wires ect... thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you could provide more details it would be helpful.
How many rooms do you really want to provide music?
How many rooms at one time?
How hifi do you need the sound to be?
Budget?

If you ask 100 people this question you will get 110 answers. You can hopefully narrow it down by providing more detail.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Sonos is another wireless system that works well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you could provide more details it would be helpful.
How many rooms do you really want to provide music?
How many rooms at one time?
How hifi do you need the sound to be?
Budget?

If you ask 100 people this question you will get 110 answers. You can hopefully narrow it down by providing more detail.

Thanks
I was wanting to control 6-8 rooms. And wanting to play different music in the different zones. I was thinking an hai hifi-2 while integrating apple airport express' with it . I just want an easy way to stream iTunes through a hifi system. And I was going to be using ceiling speakers . The speakers will be decant quality but the streaming audio system through out the house doesn't have to sound like a Bose system ... I would appricate the help and advice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts