Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 3cubic feet , Css sdx15 sealed , driven by a Crown Audio amp , XLS 1500. Sound good , but i'm used to it now and i want more....

My question is , can i had any other sub or do i need to find another sdx15?

If i can't add something different , and can't find another sdx15 (discontinued) , any suggestions for a good 18 inch sub? I would use the same amp. Thank's!

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,335 Posts
We'll need to know what size room you have in order to provide appropriate options. Knowing how you plan on using it is crucial as well (HT, music, gaming, so combination of one or more).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The living room is about 12x15x8 but it communicate with the kitchen that is about the same size...Mostly used for home theater and music. Mostly dance music and easy listening. I keep metal for my car! And sorry if my english is not perfect i'm a french Canadian!

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,335 Posts
It can be somewhat difficult to try and blend disparate subwoofers, so if you've grown tired of the SDX15 then perhaps it's best to start with something new. If you opt to go that route a few of the more powerful subs available are...

While not all of them have 18" drivers, every one will easily exceed the capabilities of your current subwoofer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you , and what do you think of the VS18.1?
And if i want to go the DIY way and keep my 1500w Crown amp?
I would have the pride to say "i did it" and would save money along the way.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,335 Posts
There's too much instability at CHT for me to recommend any of their products, so I can't really comment on the VS18.1.

DIY can be an excellent way to ensure you get exactly what you want, in both looks and performance. If you have the necessary skills that would certainly be an option worth exploring. There are a lot of very talented DIYers here at HTS, so you'll have all the help you need.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So if i want a good design i have to searh the forum ...
Or i start a new thread with some raw drivers that i have easy access to.
I live near Solen electronics and they sell Dayton , Max fidelity , Morel etc......

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,335 Posts
You could do either, but starting a new thread is perhaps the most productive way to go about it. If you opt to start a new thread in the DIY subwoofer area make sure you list everything that's important for a successful build; room size, budget, style preferences, size restrictions, interesting driver, etc. If you're unsure about designs or drivers those guys will be able to give other suggestions.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Personally, I'd keep the sub you have and add a second, knowing it would be of a different variety. You said your sub was sealed, so it should be relatively easy to manipulate enclosure size of the new sub to result in a FR pretty similar to that of your existing sub. If your processor has Audessy Multi XT32, it will tidy any of the variances up anyway.

If you want to go ported this time around, then yeah, I'd start fresh.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the skill to built it , i did the sdx15 sub i have , but for FR , i will have to learn more from you guys..... My sub is 3cubic feet with a CSS sdx15. I added some suffing inside. For Audissey , i will have to look at the spec sheet for my receiver to find the version.... I would like to keep this sub....Thank you , i'll keep surfing your site to learn more.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts