Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am doing fairly extensive tests in my new listening room and would like to have a multi mic set up to feed in readings all around the room. I know I will be doing lots of measurements so to get more done I would like to use lots of mics. I am wondering if there is any creative way to accomplish this. I would obviously need the mics ( I have 4 and the phantom power) I would then need 4 line inputs correct? only 1 out is needed. Short of having 4 computers with 4 sound cards is there a way to do this, perhaps multiple instances of REW running with 4 sound cards, or a card with 4 inputs. I would need a way to assign different inputs to each rew running.

Any help would be great!

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Any help would be great!
Multiple mics is not necessary. Only one is required to accomplish what you are attempting.

Most of us simply take multiple readings at various listening positions and then use the Average feature included in REW to create a new average response graph of the multiple readings.

Then we assign filters to the newly created average response. REW allows up to 8 responses to be averaged.

What I have is one set of EQ filters that is for the average of the listening positions, then I also have a sweet spot set of filters that can be used for the one central position.

brucek

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts

Welcome to the Forum, Aero!

I assume the only reason you want to do this is to keep the mics in static positions instead of having to move them around the room? Because summing readings from all mics would be fairly useless. For instance, if the graph showed you had a depression in response somewhere, you would not know which mic (location) it was originating from.

You already have the mics - and hopefully calibration files for them - so all you really need is a mixer like the Alesis Multimix 8. It has a USB output, so it can double as a sound card.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts