Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered some GTI munsell no8 and want to do a couple of tests,what I have read is that it is very flat paint which is hard to keep clean,(not that I am going to have to clean it very often but I do have a grandson that likes to go up and touch it sometimes) I was wondering if anybody could recommend an additive/poly that would heip.
also which would be better to do ,a coating over the painted surface, or adding something directly to the paint? open for suggestions.I think I am going to roll it, but may spray later if it makes that much difference. I have an epson 2030 entry level projector that actually has a very nice picture, but the blacks could be better. my theater room is light controlled,(basement) that is very dark,I painted the ceiling black and have dark beige walls.I think I might even paint them darker.I right now have the paint that was suggested on projector central sherwin williams paint a screen for under a 100.00 .after reading on the forums I think I want to give this paint a go. I did a sample with some light gray paint I had laying around and it really seemed to make a difference in the blacks,although the whites were a little less bright it was not that much as to make me not want the darker black that the grey was putting out.
Thanks for any input

1 - 2 of 2 Posts