Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
We had a concert night last night with Jewel The Essential Live Songbook. It was very good with both audio and video being outstanding. If you're a fan of Jewel it's worth checking out.
I bought this for my wife when it was released per a review in S/V. It is indeed a showcase of jewels talent, and we've enjoyed it many times. Great sound and picture.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I bought this for my wife when it was released per a review in S/V. It is indeed a showcase of jewels talent, and we've enjoyed it many times. Great sound and picture.
Staind: Live from Mohegan Sun will be the next concert night. I also enjoy their music and reviews are very positive.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Staind: Live from Mohegan Sun will be the next concert night. I also enjoy their music and reviews are very positive.
You will love it! Try the different soundtracks. (Ps4 should do it on the fly) Watched at -5 MV it was like being there. Love Aaron Lewis. Watched Rush, R30 the same weekend. Also great.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
You will love it! Try the different soundtracks. (Ps4 should do it on the fly) Watched at -5 MV it was like being there. Love Aaron Lewis. Watched Rush, R30 the same weekend. Also great.
Thanks, we're looking forward to it. I'll look into the Rush R30 as I'm always on the lookout for concert night Blu-rays. I keep hoping Florence and The Machine will release one!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Florence and the machine gets played on palladia once in awhile (dish channel 369, all live music channel). I enjoy it.
My buddy left AC/DC live at river plate here(dvd). It's also very good (I feel like they never got passed back in black musically though)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Florence and the machine gets played on palladia once in awhile (dish channel 369, all live music channel). I enjoy it. My buddy left AC/DC live at river plate here(dvd). It's also very good (I feel like they never got passed back in black musically though)
Yep, I've actually caught that show and it's what turned me onto her. It was in HD which puzzles me as to no Blu-Ray available?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
It seems a lot of people are high on Diana Krall in the audiophile and speaker review world. To be honest I've never been into that type of music but can't say I've really given it a chance either. On a whim I ordered her recently released Live in Paris Blu-Ray as the DVD version seems to be the standard from her body of work. I was curious if anyone else had given this a spin and if so what you thought? Dave Mathews & Tim Reynolds Live at Radio City Music Hall has always been my go to for concert demo material and I'm impressed every time I watch it.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Ok, so after watching the Blu-Ray of Diana Krall Live In Paris I get it. What a great sounding concert and it probably doesn't hurt that she's blonde and attractive. I've never been much into jazz but must admit this concert looks and sounds great. A good time for those of you out there that have some good sounding systems and want to stretch its limits. Not sure my previous setup could have done her and this type of music justice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know this is an old thread but the latest set of music on Blu ray that i've purchased as of late is the Chicago Quadio boxed set.[it's well worth tracking down imho]

·
Premium Member
5,798 Posts
Roger Waters Amused to Death is another excellent one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Elton John Goodbye Yellowbrick Road,The Who's Quadrophenia,Yes-Fragile,Close To The Edge and The Yes Album,any of the King Crimson Blu rays[included in the corresponding boxed sets] are all worth checking out.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts