Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a gift certificate from Musician's Friend after turning in a bad amp and I have no need for it (I already purchased a new amp before realizing I'd be getting money back). It's for $209 and some change. I'd like to get around $200 for it considering it's as good as cash IF you're planning on making a purchase at Musician's Friend. You'd really be doing me a favor and you'd be saving a few bucks in the process.

MF now has e-certificates where I can use my gift card to purchase the new certificate and have it emailed to you.

Thanks!!

Nick

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buttkicker BKA1000-4A.

I had it pricematched down to ~$209 about 20 months ago, and fortunately I bought the $25 gold coverage warranty. It started making a squealing noise that was coming from the unit itself as well as through the speakers. I had heard of the fire issues with these amps, so that scared me a little when it started making the noises. My unit was supposedly okay (not part of the recall), but it still worried me. I bought an EP2500 while I was waiting for the Buttkicker to get fixed. I liked it, but I missed the auto on-off and the built-in LP of the Buttkicker, so I put it up for sale. After some time, and some reneging from a couple potential buyers, I started to like the EP (when coupled with a DSP-1124), so I decided to keep it when I found out I was getting a refund on the Buttkicker rather than having it fixed.

I sent the Buttkicker into the repair company the end of the first week in October and I was called a few days before Christmas about the refund. I received the gift card in the mail on January 3rd. I made numerous calls to Musician's Friend, NEW (MF's contracted warranty company), and Repair Tech (NEW's contracted repair company) over those couple of months, which probably helped them to finally just give me the refund.

So, the lessoned learned...if you do decide to purchase the Buttkicker amp, spring for the $25 warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.