Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just given a Mitsubishi M-VR700, which I was hoping just to use in my garage being it's an older unit. The unit turns on and appears to work with all of the functions, however I have no sound. If I turn it up to max volume, it becomes barely audible. Is this symptomatic of a bad amplifier? Can it be fixed or am I SOL since it's so old?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Tape monitor selected? Pre out/main in coupling? I am not familiar with that unit but we often see these kinds of problems with that symptom.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not believe tape monitor is selected. I don't recall there being a button or option for it necessarily. Not too familiar with the pre out/main in coupling, perhaps you could elaborate... Again, I am not entirely familiar with this thing either, but the price was right :) and I thought it would be worth messing around with a little bit.

On another note, I see you're a supporter of the BSA. I am an Eagle Scout myself and hope to become involved again should I have a son in the future.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You can perform an initialization by holding down the DVD button and pressing POWER.

That unit was produced just before Mitsubishi started publishing manuals electronically so I do not have any info on it other than the note above.

If there are pre out, main in jacks, you may need a jumper between them. Start by initializing the unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, thank you for the input. I will try initialization first and see what it does.

I spent some time online last night looking for an manual and came up empty handed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just tried playing with it a little and had no luck. I did like you said, held the DVD button and pressed power. Nothing happened....

I noticed a couple more things. Every time I turned it off, I'd lose all the settings ie FM stations. One other thing too, every time I'd turn it back on, there would be NO sound at all until I went into the one menu and turned OFF the subwoofer, which I only have two speakers hooked up anyway.... Starting to think there's more wrong with this thing than worth messing with unless you can think of something simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts