Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all,
How is the RF on the Universal remotes? Does it work well when coupled with Lutron dimmer packs. I was doing some research and have found that with correct product line from Lutron it has the ability to be programmed to control lights as well as anything else that carries it's frequency range. Anyone out there got any feedback for me?

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there GIZ and welcome to the Shack!

I am sure you will find all you need, but if we can help, just holler... :T

Sonnie

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Re: MX-980 RF Aplications

You were hollering, I just wasn't listening. Thread has been moved to the Remotes forum... :T

We had Lutron dimmers in our HT room back when we had an HT room and had no problems working them with the Universal remotes. They came with a small remote that I simply programmed into the Universals. We've had several of those... the 750, 850 and 980.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I Currently have an MX-700 in use with no RF capabilities. Been about 3-4 years with no problems until recently. When I replaced the batteries one day it would get stuck on the initial startup and lock up. My computor at the time with the files to reload the remote was also on the fritZ and has since been replaced. Unfortunately I can't access the uplaod files to put them on my new system. I guess all of that is irrelivant now that I have purchased an MX-980.
Here is the real problem!!! I don't have the software for the 980 and Tweeter wouldn't give it to me even with them going out of business.
Where can I download the MX-980 pack for programming purposes? It's killing me to have this beauty of a remote that I can't use:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

First of all. Thank you for the link.

At the risk of sounding Stupid... What is a PM.
Stupid question #2:
What is the Expansion pack? I never had one with to MX-700.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts

PM = Private Message

Expansion pack includes extra graphics for more customization.

F

·
0 Posts

Sonnie,

I am in the same boat here (tweeter gone, MX-980 that I can't reprogram). I have contacted URC but no luck yet. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
8 Posts

Sonnie, I'm in the same position forch and GIZ were. Completely unable to reprogram. I've been pulling out my hair the past week just trying to get a helping hand. URC has been super nice, but they can't provide the software. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I finally found a local dealer that was nice enough to work with me on the issue. He didn't offer the expansion or fav channel expansion. Still, advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts

Hi. I, too, have a MX-980 sitting here in the box without the software needed to actually use it. Picked it up when Tweeter closed up a couple of months ago. I have searched all over online for some place to get the software but I have come up empty. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Similar story missing the infamous mx-980 software. We buy all our controllers from a company in Beverly Hills, CA. However, the controls we usually buy are the MX-900's. Just started picking up MX-980's and these guys don't have the software either. I have 3 controls sitting here needing programming. Sonnie can you please help? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I think I found the files on a different post. Thanks Sonnie, I greatly appreciate it.

What are the CCP files? Should I use those instead of MX980Setup and MX980ExpansionPack?

Also, does any one where I can get the MX980_Favoite_Channels.exe

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts