Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I built this like ~3 months ago, it is finally settling into its new place in my house. It is a FI Q 15" Dual1 in a ~11.5 cuft box, tuned to ~12hz (ended up being a bit lower then i wanted but I'm not complaining). It is powered by a EP2500 and a modded Art Cleanbox, yes that is a ground loop isolator I hate using it but for the life of me I couldn't get rid of the loop.

www.ccdoggy.net/room/shrunk

It sounds phenomenal in room and it has a super flat response. Everyone i show it to are dumbfounded on the sheer size and output it has.

Yes I know there are problems with my setup, I'm still in college and did what I could with the money I have at my disposal for audio. And yes the edge does need to be cleaned up between the silver and the black border, that was a mistake. And as everyone knows the camera tends to pickup more finger prints and dirt then anyone would ever see.

I really hope to be using more of you're drivers in the future, especially since I have an extra channel on the EP2500 to still fill. Thanks for making such a great driver at such a great price!

:yay:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hey Steve... those images are deathly slow to load on my super fast broadband connection here at the office. I can only imagine how slow it is for the majority of our users. The images are so large, I didn't take the time to download more than one of them. You might think about uploading those to our Image Gallery and making them smaller.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Congrats on the build... :T I do agree that you need to tidy up things a bit, but then again I remember those days when I was college age myself.

Have you taken any measurements with REW? How did you test your tuning frequency?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i found my tuned freq by a very scientific method. I played different tones generated by my computer and found where the most air was moving out of my port. I did take some measurments with rew and it came out pretty nice (rs meter), and i really like how it sounds.

Ill see if i can get it re measured tomorrow and post a graph or two.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Well i found my tuned freq by a very scientific method. I played different tones generated by my computer and found where the most air was moving out of my port.
Well that would actually be a few Hz below your real tuning frequency, so you are probably around 15Hz.

Nice build, btw. The way you did the port looks cool. I really like these fi-car drivers being utilized. :T

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
really, huh good info thanks!

wow did i actually swear in that other post? i dident think i did at all. thats weird...

·
Registered
521 Posts
really, huh good info thanks!

wow did i actually swear in that other post? i dident think i did at all. thats weird...
Yeah. You had the right idea with test tone method, but for future reference you're supposed to find the frequency at which the driver is moving using the least amount of excursion. :yes:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ahh that makes even more sense.

the excursion of this driver at 12hz and only 1000 watts is just amazing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts