Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Guitammer has BK300-4NW and BKA300-4 (w/wireless link) amps. These are optimal for driving advanced BK4-4 buttkickers, but can possibly drive the BK-LFEs as well.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've always wanted to try somthing like this. My concer has been my seating. I have 9 gently used Irwin seats that I purchased from a local theater that was going out of business. I would need a separate transducer for each seat. I'd probably only do the front row of 4.

Will less expensive models like Aura Bass Shaker Pros still provide sensation in the 15-20hz range?

·
Registered
233 Posts
It will provide the "sensation", but as they say - you get what you pay for. The shakers cannot be compared with the buttkickers that provide much faster and provide way better effect with more impact and precision.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I almost bought a butt kicker a while back but wasn't sure of the setup and how to integrate it with my system. It sounds like a good investment especially for movie watching, but would one of these work for a sectional sofa?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Depends which one, and depends how big the sofa is and how much space you have under to mount a specific buttkicker.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Depends which one, and depends how big the sofa is and how much space you have under to mount a specific buttkicker.
It's a very large sofa, and I'd have to flip it over to measure and see what kind if space I have to work with.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks a ton for your post, as it helped me out with getting the boards configured before the buttkcickers arrived. I did not use the mount that came with it, but used a 2x6 like you have here. Simply awesome as my duaghters and I love that feel. The wife is happy, as the system does not have to be that loud on a firday night when everone goes to sleep, and I am with a flick and a barley pop or two. Thanks again for the inspiration, as I love the new additions.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts