Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be pretty heavy into car audio. I was an IASCA competitor, and was willing to do just about anything to my car to get better sound. The photos below are of the final installation before the car was sold several years ago. I still toy with the idea of getting cup back into it, but other things always come up. This was a very good sounding car with some unique features.

The trunk house a single JBL GTi 12" subwoofer that was only use for SPL requirements. It was turned off almost all the time.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Trying to get the photos attached.
The dash was completely rebuilt. There is a 10" subwoofer in the dash and the amplifiers are in the floor.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've never been into car audio( as in competition, of course I love overall good sound), but that is pretty sweet.. Amps in the floor, sub in the dash! Haha looks awesome.

I also have a question.. My car just has normal stock door speakers, which actually produce enough bass to keep me happy, but as the car ages, I continue to hear more and more rattles.. The door panels, mirror, sunglasses compartment.. It's getting so bad I turn the bass almost all the way off now. How to you keep these cars with such small movie pieces stationary when your hitting those mid bass, and low fq notes?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are lots of little tricks. Dampening g material is a common one, but tightening the cars fasteners, adding padding behind lose parts, hot gluing items down. There are lots of ways to keep things quiet. It all comes down to how much work you want to put in.
My Neon had no rattles. None!

·
Registered
361 Posts
There are lots of little tricks. Dampening g material is a common one, but tightening the cars fasteners, adding padding behind lose parts, hot gluing items down. There are lots of ways to keep things quiet. It all comes down to how much work you want to put in. My Neon had no rattles. None!
I'll read into it a little bit more, thanks for the response. Waiting for it to heat up a little around here before I start taking off door panels!

·
Registered
58 Posts
It looks great, too bad you don't have more pics. I competed from 96-08 with USAC, IASCA and MECA. Sometimes I miss the comraderie but now it's nice just to sit back and enjoy the sounds.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm trying to get my hard drive repaired. Hopefully i can get all my photos recovered.

·
Registered
38 Posts
10" sub in the dash? I'd love to see some pictures of how you stuffed a 10 inch sub in the dash. SPL builds have some pretty crazy engineering, but it seems like SQ builds do some really innovative things with speaker placement.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
10" sub in the dash? I'd love to see some pictures of how you stuffed a 10 inch sub in the dash. SPL builds have some pretty crazy engineering, but it seems like SQ builds do some really innovative things with speaker placement.
If I kept the car, I would have stuffed a 12" or possibly a 15" there instead! There is always room if your willing to do some crazy stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts