Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
After deciding what to build I came up with the following parts list from PartsExpress,

4 x F1687 Rubber Cabinet Foot 260-777
1 x Acousta-Stuf Polyfill 1 lb. Bag 260-317
2 x Dayton Audio BPA-38G HD Binding Post 091-1245
1 x Dayton Audio 16 AWG OFC Speaker Wire 50 ft. 100-016
1 x TC Sounds Epic 12" DVC Subwoofer 293-650

Fortunately for me I had enough 1" MDF leftover from another project to make the cabinet. The only tools I used for this project was my table saw with a dado blade, a cordless drill, and a router.

Here's a pic of the beginning.

Regards,
Dan

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,335 Posts
"downhill"? Did something go awry?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Briefly, I rabbetted the sides of the top and bottom pieces to accept the sides. I also rabbetted the front and back edges of all four sides to accept the front and back baffles. I also cut a 1/4" deep groove in all four sides to accept the braces.

Regards,
Dan

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I first used the Jasper jig with a 3/4" bit to cut the 5/16" deep rabbet in which the driver will sit. I then used a 1/4" bit to cut out the final opening.

Regards,
Dan

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was was lucky enough to pick up a new 1124P for a good price so BFD and REW is the next step!

Regards,
Dan

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've kind of glossed over a lot of details here so if anyone has any questions or wants some help with a similar build feel free to ask.

Regards,
Dan

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,335 Posts
So how does it sound? Did you end up using any damping material?

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
And are your SLA's Selah kits or other?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds good only partially calibrated. I used the one bag of Acousta-Stuf Polyfill. I suspect that the well braced 1" MDF cabinet is fairly inert.

I've done some very rough measurements with an RS SPL meter and I do have some bad room peaks and valleys in my bass response. That's why I'm itching to take delivery of my BFD and start tinkering with REW.

Regards,
Dan

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Looked familiar. He makes some great kits.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts