Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently lost my job. My wifes job pays decently...but its not enough. We are so stretched out, I've recieved food help from a local food pantry and we are applying for food stamps. I never thought it would get to this.

This is very difficult to deal with.

We are desprate and can't aford to go on like this.

My wife is starting to think about selling her wedding ring. So any prayer would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I will be praying!!! My father-in-law just got layed off as well as some others we know. Tough times hang in there!!

Matt

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
There is a silver lining to this so don't give up. I will be praying for you as well that you get an even better job than you had before.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hi Binger... I have said a prayer for you and the family. Something good to read in a time like this is Matthew chapter 6... :T

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey binger, Don't give up. Never give in. Pray....and I will pray for you and your family. Get yourself out there. Do anything you are physically able to do. Deliver newspapers, clean peoles' garages, anything. I know that it is ruff and I have been there so I know how you feel.
My wife is a bank manager for Wachovia bank. Eighteen years, 55 years of age and we are worried.
No matter what we will make it. Make yourself make that promise and you will see for yourself things will fall into place.

Hope that this helped....but I know the praying will.

Frank

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do see it...Its just so tough right now. Things have always been tight for us financialy but now...this is just unreal.

My wife and I have dedicated ourselves to read a chapter in Job everynight before we go to bed. Its reasuring.

·
Registered
393 Posts
These things are often blessings, but take time to reveal themselves.

I had a similar situation, however I was not out of work for more than a week, but talk about a scary week! If my youngest boy ever was uninsured, I'd never be able to get health insurance for him again.

I and my family will pray for you and yours.

BTW, I see you're (relatively) local to me, what type of work do you do?

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
We can no doubt learn a lot from Job... who lost nearly everything to live for. What patience he had.

J

·
0 Posts
I recently lost my job. My wifes job pays decently...but its not enough. We are so stretched out, I've recieved food help from a local food pantry and we are applying for food stamps. I never thought it would get to this.

This is very difficult to deal with.

We are desprate and can't aford to go on like this.

My wife is starting to think about selling her wedding ring. So any prayer would be appreciated.
Hello SQCherokee

Sorry to hear of the situation....It won't last long....be happy- All our Prayers are on the way.

Best
JA

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
My prayers are there with everyone elses. Rest assured that out of everything bad something good comes. I know that this kind of thinking doesn't always seem to help when we are right in the thick of it, but in hindsight we all realise that positive thinking plays a big role in our ability to survive and prosper from such trials.

Good luck and prayers be with you through this time.

Dr F

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
That's good news, I will continue to pray that this is all you need and anything after that will be like icing on the cake.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts