Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Amazing setup.
Glad the logos arent visable all the time... it would simply ruin the overall look. New IBs we are doing are blank. I have had a couple of people "complain" (very loosely used) that they could see the white logos flailing through the grill cloth :)

Did you really notice the bottom end loss? Id imagine things would still get fairly visceral, yet the higher .7 qtc would add a little more impact.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
"Visceral" is a good way to put it. I'm used to it now but, when I first fired this thing up and ran a few intense explosion type scenes through it, I was pretty sure I was going to knock my projector off the ceiling ;).

I'm actually happier with this sound now than I was with the IB. That "impact" was missing somewhat from the IB configuration. Maybe its not as natural, but it sure is more fun.

On the low end, the graphs with the IB were amazing - flat out past 10hz, but, with real life material not really that noticeable. Maybe my wall sconces don't vibrate quite as much but, the additional higher bass impact makes up for it.

Thanks for producing some great drivers that made it reasonable (monetarily, anyway) to put this thing together. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
***!!! What an incredible set up! And you did that yourself? Wow...I'm happy for you and wish you were my neighbor. Definitely an inspiration and without question one of the best looking rooms I've seen. Congrats and happy holidays!:clap:

T.

·
Registered
205 Posts
BTW just FYI...my wife thinks a theater room is somewhat of a waste of money/time/space (take your pick) because she has no experience of what it could be like. So I showed her what a clean example could look like and showed her your pics. The coloring and lighting in your H/T is superb!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just to add to the Fi experience out here - this is my sub with 4 Q18s in a ~70cuft sealed enclosure.

Unfortunately, Scott, the drivers are not normally visible in the room

...as they are hiding beneath the screen:

I started with these drivers in an IB setup but the leakeage to the rest of the house (because I was using the unfinished basement as the "enclosure") was too severe. They perform extremely well in this setup also, however.
How come your drivers have logos? The 2 Q18 drivers that arrived today at my house doesn't have logo. :(

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Wow ebr... very VERY nice room, and awesome looking sub setup. Your HT looks ******* amazing. I really hope to be able to enjoy a room like that one day. Are those the only subs you've had in that room, or did they replace something else? If so, I'd like to hear your impression of how everything's changed. It's just nice to have some kind of comparison to a more conventional sub because that's all I have experience with so far.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks all for the kind comments.

Virtuosity - I think I saw Scott mention somewhere that they removed the logos because people were complaining about them showing through.
Yep, Scott explained it to me few days after I got the drivers. :D

Thanks.

EDIT: By the way ebr, your theater looks amazing! Can you please tell me where your front speakers are? Do you still have a pic of the front without the black cloth?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts