Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
When you talk about the ATC SCM25A Pro, is your intention to configure the driver arrangement like it?

Or mimic the performance of it? Or the dimensions?

From the sounds of it, you have some good drivers, but they really need to be matched well, if you're going to come out with a good speaker - especially if you're going with a passive crossover.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Well, I think it would be helpful if you gave a little more information on what advice/help you're looking for.

You'll be able to get rough dimensions from googling the speaker you are "cloning"... I'm not sure what to say about the Behr driver, I know those monitors are very good, but re-using a driver from another speaker gives you a somewhat "unknown" driver to work with.

I imagine that damping is probably very important to do correctly, since it's my understanding thats double important in near-field monitors (which I think the ATC is?)

Regarding tuning, do you know what the speaker is tuned to? It's easy enough to come up with a port dimension, if you have a frequency in mind.

My guess regarding chambers, would be that the woofer is chambered separately from the other drivers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts