Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am a new member to both Home Theater Shack and diy world and would like some input and suggestions on my first build.
The components on this build are not the highest quality, and I do not expect the end product to equal those of thousands of times more expensive, however, it's my first build and any help would be appreciated.

I am going to model it after the ATC SCM25A Pro. However mine will be passive
I am working with the following drivers Per side:
Vifa DQ25SC16-04
Silver Flute W14RC25-04
and this is where I run into my issues
Woofer from Behringer B2031P (4ohm 8.75" long throw poly woofer - that's all I know about it)

Because I do not know much about the Behringer woofer and am working on a budget. I am unsure of how to create the cabinet to configure my drivers like the ATC SCM25A Pro.

Some of my initial concerns are,
Box dimensions,
Separate internal enclosures for each woofer,
Size, length, area, etc, of ports.

Any help would be appreciated.
:dontknow:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My intentions I suppose are to mimic all three, dimensions, configuration, and similar performance. I would like to be able to use them both near-field stereo and in a surround mixing or HT setup.
I am actually going to use an active crossover, because I have a stereo 3 way crossover already and I would rather use what I have than spend even more money that I don't have
I will be powering the pair with Carver amplifiers and an NAD preamp if that helps any as well.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thank you,
Let's start over then. I have obviously overlooked far too many things here and that is my error.

I have these components already.
Vifa tweets
Silver Flute woofers
behringer woofers (for what they're worth)
Rane AC 23 active crossover.
Amplifiers to power each section.

Can I incorporate all these into a design with a small footprint and have a successful build? I have limited funds and am new to this world of diy. I welcome any and all suggestions to turn this build around with what I have, if at all possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have the measurement mic and preamp. No worries there. It's not an earthworks measurement mic (wish it was something nice), but it's a measurement mic that I know and have never had an issue with. So I got that front covered.

And I'm near Bloomington, IL if anyone wants to help with the project.

Plan was to flush mount everything and round corners and edges already. But always good to hear I had something right. :D

As for measuring,
Where would you recommend measuring at and from. (location and distance) and should I just push pink noise? or do you have something else you would test with?
Could you explain what you mean by cone breakup? Just for clarification

Does anyone have a Configuration they might recommend for a smaller footprint 3 way build?

Thank You for all your help. This is going to be a learning experience, and hopefully I can build something decent with all of this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts