Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name James I have bought 2x 18" mach5 2012 Christmas drivers
Brand new I also have ep2000
Want to build two sealed sono subs any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want the most these drivers have to offer lol
Sealed or port what ever is smaller :bigsmile:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Well, ported will give you most SPL & sealed will be a smaller cabinet. Someone should chime in shortly with some modeling.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I am not totally opposed to 2 6' by 24" sono tubes in my basement just seems like the smaller sealed subs would be nicer to look at I am hoping to get some awesome bass for music and ht :T

·
Registered
278 Posts
They have two 18" models. Which did you get?

GM

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So hope someone can help me with sonotube sealed dimensions
I really don't understand what all the
Vast
Mass
Xmass

I am reading as fast as I can but every time I start reading I see something else on the site that catches my curiosity and I wonder off topic. Lol must be the A.D.D.
There is so much interesting reads Wow I love this site ?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks I am not totally opposed to 2 6' by 24" sono tubes in my basement just seems like the smaller sealed subs would be nicer to look at I am hoping to get some awesome bass for music and ht :T
Hmm, a 24” i.d. x 69” i.d. long tube = 452.389”^2 x 69” = 31,214.84”^3/1728”^3 = ~18.064 ft^3/~511.515 L minus driver, a little bracing and vent.

A max flat T/S alignment = ~18 Hz F3/~20 Hz Fb in 18.267 ft^3, so close enough to meet the THX 20 Hz reference.

OTOH, a sealed alignment that will go this low, though not nearly as loudly down low without corner loading, needs ~27.565 ft^3/~780.555 L, so not a viable option.

GM

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank u then ported it is now to figure out the sonosoftware for designs. lol
Question is there any spot on site where there is picture gallery of sono subs. So I can get design ideas

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
It's faster to google "image" search for sonosub. Lots of cool builds out there. I use the sonosub program, and I think it's great. I think you'll be much happier ported too. Fwiw, I looked at the link to your drivers, and they recommend around 3cuft for sealed.(iirc). I think that works out to be 24"X 16" tall. Curious they didn't have a recommendation for a ported enclosure. Look for pdxrealtor's build.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Also look at at wooderson's SI18 build. He's almost done. Has a unique take on the base. It'll be cool when he's done. Nice build.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts