Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I followed all the instructions, and everything looked fine...

I am using an M-Audio mobile pre for the sound card.

I have have a 1/4" plug to RCA splitter (to L/R aux inputs) of my AV from the left channel output of the mobile pre.

I'm using a calibrated ecm 8000 (cross-spectrum). I loaded the narrow band, 0 degree calibration file.

I'll attach my funky graph. My response < 80hz looked ok (well, it has big peaks and nulls, but looks like it was read fine...) but above 80 Hz or so (where my mains are crossed over) everything gets pretty funky.

I have no idea what to do to fix it... I tried lower sweep levels (down to -40), and its the same thing, just shifted down.

I included the soundcard & mic calibration curves for reference, just in case...

The speakers are Mirage OMD-15s, and the subs (I have 2 hooked up) are rythmik F15HPs.

The room is rather large and doesn't have any treatments at all... tile floor over concrete, half the walls are drywall over concrete (with studs, maybe 1 foot spacing), and the other half are drywall with fiberglass insulation behind, and on the other side are bare concrete rooms.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Aha, looking around on the forum some more, it looks like I needed to apply smoothing when doing full frequency tests.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts