Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally calibrated everything. I tried my first measure, and here is the graph I get ??? What is wrong ?
Thank's for your time guys
Chris

chris20070222.jpg

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
What is wrong ?
You have a loopback monitor turned on in your soundcard settings. This is evidenced by the fact that your response is the inverse of the calibration file. Turn off the monitor.

Post all graphs with a vertical scale of 45dB to 105dB and a horizontal scale of 15Hz to 200Hz. Set the sweep limit to 200Hz when measuring a subwoofer.

brucek

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
From your other post re your soundcard (using Wave for both output and input) I would guess the problem is you have the output signal feeding directly back in as the input, so you are seeing the inverse C response on top of the flat response which results from using the wave output also as the input to REW. You will need to get your soundcard set up so that the SPL meter signal is getting through as an input.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is off :(
Plus, I was not calibrating the sub, but the main:sad:

I read all the help files, but this is very complicated for a newbee:eek:rder:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Step by step instructions on posting graphs are in the sticky threads, but you would want to start a new thread when you get your graphs ready... :T

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Hey christian,

Just wondered if you got things firgured out? I had terrible problems the first day with my soundcard. I had it set wrong in an easly overlooked setting.

I always look forward to seeing new graphs posted :)

Good Luck
John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts