Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,

I finally started to measure my speakers to try to correct the frequency response and the result is shown here...I dont really understand why I dont have the typical graph and I have those high peaks in the bass side, is that normal ? I am doing something wrong? I used the miniDSP micro which if I understood correcty does not need the soundcard to be calibrated.

any help will be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks! but it is not a bit weird that below 200hz the db are much more higher than in higher frequencies?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exaclty, I think I will try to do the measurements again at 90 degrees. Actually after putting the equalisation recommended by REW in my system is like there are no bass at all! As I used the USB mic from miniDSP I did not calibrate the soundcard as described in the user manual...actually the only thing I did is check levels and measure, is that ok?

·
Super Moderator
9,247 Posts
Exaclty, I think I will try to do the measurements again at 90 degrees.
If you’re talking about a measurement with the mic pointing up, that will have no effect on measurements down in the 200 Hz range. The mic is omnidirectional below about 1-2 kHz.

As I used the USB mic from miniDSP I did not calibrate the soundcard as described in the user manual...actually the only thing I did is check levels and measure, is that ok?
Correct, no sound card calibration required with a USB mic.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts