Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This will be my fourth and final theatre..I'm now 74 and had a Stroke back in September..The Stroke has left my right side partially numb, and I can only work for a short time before I need to rest..

Since I will be building this theatre myself, it will take some time to complete...Fortunately I have the bones from my previous theatre, so that will help to bring about completion sooner..

I recently bought a small 3 bedroom house at Mannum in South Australia..overlooking the River Murray..

The second bedroom has been allocated as the theatre room..One stroke of luck...the room is the same width as my previous theatre, so my front wall will be the same size for the framing and the screen..

Unfortunately the room is not as long as previous and it's going to put my seating right up against the back wall..Not a good position!

I've included some photos to show the conditions I'm working under..It's an absolute mess and not much room to move around..

All the other equipment is in my office (3rd. bedroom) and that's cluttered also..

The work that's been done has taken me 3 weeks so far..so it's slow going!

·
Registered
7 Posts
How nice......We all like to know everything u have done, the avr, speakers make, projector make, screen blah blah blah.....and finally the video and audio part when it's ready. Wish you all the best. Looking forward for your reviews.......

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How nice......We all like to know everything u have done, the avr, speakers make, projector make, screen blah blah blah.....and finally the video and audio part when it's ready. Wish you all the best. Looking forward for your reviews.......

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk
Hi amedius and welcome to the forum...
If you click on "My System" you will see all my gear there..

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Sorry to hear about your health issues... I hope that you live many more years to enjoy your family, and your new home theater. :)

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Prof, very sorry to hear about your health issues, but it's great to see you're not letting it stop you. Looking forward to seeing your progress on the new build, and I'm sure you'll make it a good one.
Thanks for the kind words Owen...

This build will be the slowest one ever for me and some days I won't be able to do any work on it..
Depending on how I go, I might be able to do it all myself, otherwise I might need to find someone to give me a hand..

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Owen...

This build will be the slowest one ever for me and some days I won't be able to do any work on it..
Depending on how I go, I might be able to do it all myself, otherwise I might need to find someone to give me a hand..
Slow isn't always a bad thing. I've enjoyed your other projects, and if I was in your hemisphere, I'd gladly volunteer myself for some unskilled Labour. Take it easy, don't overwork yourself, and stay focused on the positive. You'll get it done.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Slow isn't always a bad thing. I've enjoyed your other projects, and if I was in your hemisphere, I'd gladly volunteer myself for some unskilled Labour. Take it easy, don't overwork yourself, and stay focused on the positive. You'll get it done.
Very nice of you to offer your skills Owen..and if you were in my part of the world I would have appreciated that very much..
Being new to the country area that I'm now living, I don't know anyone in this area yet (apart from the local doctor), so I'll just have to proceed on my own for the time being..

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Didnt know about your health either so hope things are going better. Also not familiar with the area but I am sure one day I can make a trip and help you out. Happy to help out.:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts