Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
I will try and make a trip out there and help you out. Are you living there or do you still live near VH?

If your always out there then I will ask the wife if she wants to make a trip and if not I will head out sometime soon by myself.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Sorry I have not made it out yet. Happy to see the progress still occurring. Between wifey whining about fuel costs and playing footy every weekend I have not made it out yet. I only have 3 more games left. Then I will head out there and help you do whatever needs to be done.

·
Premium Member
5,798 Posts
Looks great... Can you come over, and work on mine when you are done?

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Sorry I have not made it out yet. Happy to see the progress still occurring. Between wifey whining about fuel costs and playing footy every weekend I have not made it out yet. I only have 3 more games left. Then I will head out there and help you do whatever needs to be done.
Thanks David..not a problem..

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks guys..The light tray was quite labour intensive for me, but once the walls are painted it should be easier going as I will be using all the fittings from my previous theatre...

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I've been very slack with my updates..and quite a lot has happened since my last post...

I found a Handyman / Builder in my area who's been working on the theatre with me..He's experienced in a lot of different kinds work and so far has..

Painted the walls..

Cut out the holes in the ceiling tray for the downlights..

Run the wiring for the downlights..

Cut a small hole in the back wall to pass the speaker wires through to the equipment rack in the next room..

Run all the wiring for the front speakers..

He's coming out again next Monday to cut the hole in the back wall for the projector mount..and fit the cable channel to the skirting boards to hold the speaker wires than run to the equipment rack..

Here's a few updated shots of the room..Sorry about the poor quality prints..My cheapy camera is on it's last legs..

Also the actual wall colour is dark grey..

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I've been a bit slack with my updates..:gulp: The front of the theatre is now finished!..
Here's some of the current photos..

Because the room is so short, I'm not able to get a photo showing the full width of the room without a wide angle lens..

A hole has now been cut in the back wall to take the projector..
All the speakers are wired up and there's just a few more connections to be made and the cables tidied up..
Hopefully I'll be up and running in the next couple of weeks!

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks very much Owen...

The framing that's now on the front of the panels will hold curved diffuser panels..Panels have been made and I just have to get some curvature into them before fitting..

Haven't watched any movies yet..Waiting till everything else is finished..I now have 5 new movies that I haven't seen yet to choose from!..:smile:

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Lol!..No just slacking off..I finally got everything working and of course, watched a movie, then another and then...well you know how it goes!..So everything came to a halt..

In all fairness though..my builder is taking a break, so not much more happening for awhile..In the meantime I can finish off a bit of painting here and there..
I'm hoping I can show some finished photos soon..:D

21 - 38 of 38 Posts