Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
I guess cleaning a screen would depend on just how dirty it was. I think in most cases, which should only remove any dust that has settled or been attracted to the screen, a simple "feather duster" could be used with no fear of damaging the screen surface.

Feather dusters have a large head of very soft feathers and look something like this:

Natural feathers

Synthetic feathers

Cleaning screens that have worse problems such as crayon marks or food stains can be more problematic and a lot depends on the quality and type of the paint used to make them.

A "sandpaper finish" on a screen, assuming it's very fine, would help the screen be more of a perfect Lambertian reflector which would make the screen appear to be the same brightness no matter what angle one viewed it from. This is usually the best type of screen if you have the lumens for it.

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
The Glidden GL9000 from HomeDepot is it the same paint as the Diamond 450.
I'm a bit confused by this, it is presented as a statement, but contains the syntax of a question so I'm assuming something got left out or twisted around somewhere. No problem - happens to the best of us. ;)

All I can say about the matter is that my sample of Glidden GLN9000 has virtually the same reflectance and color characteristics of the sample of Glidden Diamond 450 that was sent to me. They appear to be the same.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts