Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, here are my two setups as they are currently.

HT
Display Mitsubishi HC6500 projector, Dalite 106" High Power screen, Samsung 32" LCD
Sources Oppo BDP83, Toshiba A35, DirecTV HR21-100, CElabs HDTV tuner, PS3, PS2, wii
Audio Onkyo TX-SR707, Def Tech SM 450 (fronts), SM 350 (front wides), CLR 2002 (center), BP2X (surrounds), Klipsch KSB1.1 (front heights and surround backs), Polk PWS125 and Infinity PS12 (subs), Pro-Ject Debut III, Pro-Ject Phono Bow II usb
Remote Acoustic Research XSight ARRX18G

Living Room
Display Mitsubishi HD4000 projector, Optoma GrayWolf II 92" screen, Samsung 40" LCD
Sources Samsung BD-C6500, DirecTV H21-100, Hisense HDTV tuner
Audio Yamaha RX-V765, Polk CS1, RC80i (fronts and surrounds), Klipsch Sub10
Remote URC RFS-200

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I thought I would provide some more detail about my screen in my HT. I have a 1.78 ratio fixed 106" DIY DW Wilsonart laminate screen that is currently masked to 2.35 for movies. I don't like seeing black bars. I also have a Dalite 106" high power screen that I can pull down in front of the fixed screen for sports and other TV. This set up evolved out of laziness and not wanting to mess with the masking. They are installed so that I can switch back and forth by pushing the user button on my projector. A CIW, constant image width, set up. You can see it here.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Nice setup. I like the idea of having your cake and eat it too with the two screens. Great solution.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice setup. I like the idea of having your cake and eat it too with the two screens. Great solution.
Thank you, it is pretty easy to do and like I said, it really just came from me not wanting to mess with putting on, taking off, and storing the masking.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello all,

I replaced my Onkyo SR707 with a Sherwood/Newcastle R-972 with Trinnov. Although it is a chore to figure out an set up, the sound is well worth the effort. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts