Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small room but I think I did alright with the space I had......

One thing I should do is get a bigger center to match up better with the B52's, any sggestion would be great.

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
If you can fit four seats across the room, then it's not that small, unless you're projecting across the room!
Why two projectors?
It looks like you've got some good gear and quite a lot of it in that room..:bigsmile:
With timber all round, do you get much slap echo?
Looks like a nice set up..:T

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can fit four seats across the room, then it's not that small, unless you're projecting across the room!
Why two projectors?
It looks like you've got some good gear and quite a lot of it in that room..:bigsmile:
With timber all round, do you get much slap echo?
Looks like a nice set up..:T
Well I guess I think a room my size is small compared to alot of other set-ups I see. I run 2 pj's so I don't use up the lamp on one because it is used for everything. I use one for sattelite and one for movies. I have some treatments in the room so I don't have any echo problem. I will be adding some more treatment to the room soon, especially the front wall. I like the set-up but like I mentioned I want to get a bigger center but I am not sure of what to use that will match my mains.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have made allot of changes in my theater audio wise since I originally posted this so I thought it was time to show what changes were made. I replaced the Pioneer with a Marantz SR-5004 and after a month I am very happy with it. I also replaced the SMS-1 with the Antimode 8033 and together with the Audyssey EQ in the Marantz it is sounding fantastic. I swapped out the B-52's for a pair of B+W 801 series 80, circa 1980. I had the tweeters redone by a gentleman named Bill Legal who is well known for his prowess at speaker building and I couldn't be happier with the sound of these classics. I also changed my center from the Boston Acoustics VR12 which I really loved but it just wasn't right not to better match my center to the mains so I got a B+W Special Edition CDM CSE. I then replaced my DIY subs that you see in the old pic with a Danley DTS-10 which I got when they offered the kit and then built it into the wall. It is only noticeable as a framed opening to the right of the left main. The Danley itself is in the next room which you can see in the new pics and I built an extension onto the mouth and installed it through the wall. I am powering the sub with a new EP4000, the center is run off the Marantz AVR and the mains are powered by one of my Crown CTS-600's. The surrounds are powered by the other CTS and a XLS 402. All the video equipment is the same so that will be the next thing to upgrade down the road. I am enjoying my little piece of mantown more then ever and can't thank the Shack enough for all the info I have got from thier oh so patient members. Thanks guy's you make it so much more fun and easier to do. :clap::clap::T:wave: Well here are the new pics....

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Nice setup! I really like the way you concealed the Danley horn. :T

Matt

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like a great ensemble, and you've got some room treatment going on, eh?
Thanks. It helps with all that paneling.

Nice setup! I really like the way you concealed the Danley horn. :T

It really was the only option seeing how it is so large. Does move some air though.:clap:

Well hidden! interesting mix of equipment you have.
Thanks, It just seamed to end up that way but it sounds great to me.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Nice setup. What would you say is the differences between your first set and now?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would say it is higher end which is obvious but the sound is much more smooth and involving. Plus I think it looks alott better.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It certainly does look a lot better. I love seeing pictures of those danleys though. So big! What'd you end up doing with your old subs and speakers?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It certainly does look a lot better. I love seeing pictures of those danleys though. So big! What'd you end up doing with your old subs and speakers?
Sorry for the late response. :bigsmile:I Sold them and put the money back into the system.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
with those changes you made, i'm pretty sure it's a big improvement in audio quality..
It is. I really like the B+W's even though they are 30 years old.:clap:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks good! What exactly are you room dimensions?
Thanks, The room is 13 wide by 15 long but it has a half wall open to another room. I want to close it in but I just haven't had the extra time or money to do it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts