Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Again that is a beautiful speaker and $2,000 seems like a pretty good deal. I'd love to hear and see it in person.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
44in wide x 16in deep x 11in tall
Wow! That thing is HUGE! I've got a new center awaiting to be installed in my setup (RC-64 II) and I thought it was large. Yours is 8" wider, 3" deeper, and 3" taller. I'm sitting here looking at mine and envisioning what you have and that's just incredible. I bet it sounds amazing. What did you have before as a center?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yeah it is giant, we just barely fit it in the back seat of my crew cab truck. It is closer in size to my line arrays than I originally thought which is awesome! I did not have a center before, just did phantom with the Lambda arrays which they did quite well but nothing compared to this.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks! Yeah it turned out better than I possibly could have imagined all thanks to Al. Talk about a guy who is truly passionate about home audio and keeps you updated and involved on the build process as if it were your own child. Okay off to watch another movie :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Again that is a beautiful speaker and $2,000 seems like a pretty good deal. I'd love to hear and see it in person.
Thank yes a good deal for him for sure.I mainly did this as i built the Lamda's line arrays and he really wanted a center to match...
I gave in said OK even though I have no shop any longer,rather just weekend warrior tools :yikes:

Yes these were $2400-$2800 depending on veneer options then the crossover options Caps,Inductors,resistors and last wire.Doing all the tweaks to each individual speaker like designing a crossover for each speaker like this are a lot of work.And I love the challenges with doing this.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
We watched "We Bought a Zoo" last night, the lion, tiger and bear growls were incredible on the Apex C II. Like hit you in the chest huge, sounded like no center I have ever heard (obviously, this is the biggest center I've ever seen in person :D). This thing digs so low!!! Time to watch some more movies today :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I built a new platform for the Lovan stand to fit the larger footprint of the Apex C II:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I've had quite a few people ask about how to buy something like my center. Al has informed me that it is configurable as both a vertical tower as well as horizontal center like mine. Here's the kit info if you have the ability to build your own cabinet.

I will make kits for this if anyone is interested.
1-CSS RT ribbon tweeter
2-Wavecor mids
4_LDW7 Wavecor Woofers
Crossover parts 16G air core inductors,Mundorf Capacitors plus Mills resistor for the tweeter crossover
Teflon Silver 16Wire,Silver Solder,Screws Gaskets,Tie straps for crossover parts
Cabinet plans with crossover plans all info on a DVD.
$1145.00

Al can be contacted via username RAW on here.

After a couple weeks with this center, I am still enjoying every new viewing experience. This thing is crystal clear and plays LOUD with no audible distortion. I continue to be impressed every time I use it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had quite a few people ask about how to buy something like my center. Al has informed me that it is configurable as both a vertical tower as well as horizontal center like mine. Here's the kit info if you have the ability to build your own cabinet.

I will make kits for this if anyone is interested.
1-CSS RT ribbon tweeter
2-Wavecor mids
4_LDW7 Wavecor Woofers
Crossover parts 16G air core inductors,Mundorf Capacitors plus Mills resistor for the tweeter crossover
Teflon Silver 16Wire,Silver Solder,Screws Gaskets,Tie straps for crossover parts
Cabinet plans with crossover plans all info on a DVD.
$1145.00

Al can be contacted via username RAW on here.

After a couple weeks with this center, I am still enjoying every new viewing experience. This thing is crystal clear and plays LOUD with no audible distortion. I continue to be impressed every time I use it!
Do you know the sensitivity and also the impedance?

How does the 4 woofer vs. two woofer compare in impedance and sensitivity?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Excellent looking build - man now I have a bad case of the DIY build bug.......

LOVE the Arrays AND the OB Subs.... my next project will be OB subs.... though Im dying to go all in on some B&G NEO 10s for the array LCR and subsequent surrounds .... The Dayton PT2C-8 is still my fav high end though...

·
Registered
175 Posts

Above is 0-40 off axis Horizontally which is VERy good for such a large 3way center.

Below is the 20 and 40 off axis VERTICAL yes vertical for the APEX C Wavecor build. Another words standing in the middle of the speaker standing 3feet back and the mic was placed at 52" off the floor.

Now impedance you ask for below

SPL for the APEX C wavecor is 88db
Yes all Wavecor drivers plus the CSS Ribbon tweeter from Arum Cantus.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Your cat sitting on what looks to be a preamp or HTPC case gave me a big chuckle!

Nice center channel BTW!
That was my Rotel RSX-1056 before I got my Anthem. Great cat heater! Now I have a larger Bello stand with a cat bed and integrated heating pad for her on the very top.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts