Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its sure is tough to know when you are finished your HT,almost always an ongoing process,but I think I am content.The sub and the speaker stands are DYI and are quite heavy(200lbs sub,100lbs each stand),not looking forward to moving in the not too distant future!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome to the Shack!

Nice and clean! looks good :)

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Welcome to the Shack.

Nice set-up,... nice and clean. :T Just the way I like 'em. My system is similar in that respect though not as many goodies as you have :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your kind words....yes,I do like to keep it plain and simple,just like myself:bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
They are never finished...:bigsmile: It looks great....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Very nice setup. How do you like your B&W's? How does your DIY Sub stand up? Did you follow a reference design or design the sub yourself?

Kyle:nerd:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice setup. How do you like your B&W's? How does your DIY Sub stand up? Did you follow a reference design or design the sub yourself?

Kyle:nerd:
I like the B&W's,thought they were a little on the bright side at first,but with some playing around I got them to a point where I like them.The sub cabinet is almost 20 years old,designed it myself,went with a sealed unit because it is much more forgiving to design.If you look towards the bottom you can see a wood plate under the drivers,there used to be a couple ports there that I experimented with,but ultimately sealed it back up again.Sealed had tighter bass,less boomy,but to be fair it is not big enough to be properly ported.It is fully braced with 1 1/2" wall thickness,just updated the drivers with a pair of Dayton 10" HF drivers.Sounds nice and tight,but not overly loud,as it is in very large room.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have added a Dayton 15" HF to my priority list. I think within 3 months. I also need a BASH amp to power it. I want to build a 5-6 CF box in the attic. It will be a large sealed, not quiet IB, I keep hearing very good things about the HF series Daytons.

My mains are Natalie P's That I am in the process of building an enclosure for.

Kyle

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Kyle
If I could do it all over again,I would also go with a 15" sub.Duel 10" are great for music,but a single 15" would I am sure be the better way to go for movies.
Dave

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
Nice looking setup you have.

Welcome to The Shack. Be careful, it's addicting though...:dizzy:

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Your system looks great! What I like most is the Seahawks helmet above your TV. The next best thing to going to a game is watching it in surround sound in your Home Theater!

Jeff Aguilar

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dude; you need a bigger helmet above your tv...How about a Fathead helmet or of Seneca Wallace! Though Im a Chicago Fan; the Seahawks are ok. Im a Seneca Wallace fan; eventhough he went to Iowa State.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
Small hijack - big thumbs up for the Hawkeyes.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
Yup. Lived in the Quad Cities for about 12 years during the Hayden Fry days.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
There are worse places to be. I'd go back to the QC before going back to NJ any day.

Bryan

1 - 20 of 25 Posts