Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi,

I've loaded a house curve with a 6 Db. raise at 20 Hz. and 0 at 80 Hz.

I've made measurements without EQ and let REW assign filters.

It's telling me to use 2 12Db. boosts on the behringer... Isn't that a bit much?. I remember that in the past people said never to boost more than 5 Db. on the behringer...

Dimitri.

·
Super Moderator
9,186 Posts

Thanks. Looks like your fine. There are plenty of severe cuts to go along with the boosts. Actually, that can be just as bad a severe boosts, because severe cuts leave severe peaks between them.

Re the boost at 77 Hz: If that filter did not eliminate the depression, then you should remove it. That one looks like it might be a null.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi,

I've added a picture of the response that I now have.

Sounds a lot better this way with way more transparent sub sound. I could use a little bit more "slam" though. It sounds very balanced, but a bit more punch would be nice. Maybe boost the lower end a bit?...

I'm also thinking about a bigger center speaker to match the Q11's. Something like the KEF bIQ6 C. Would youi guys say that's a major upgrade from the Egg?...

Thanks,

Dimitri.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,186 Posts

Maybe boost the lower end a bit?...
Maybe try a steeper house curve...

I'm also thinking about a bigger center speaker to match the Q11's. Something like the KEF bIQ6 C. Would youi guys say that's a major upgrade from the Egg?...
Yes, I think the bigger speaker would sound much better.

Regards,
Wayne

21 - 28 of 28 Posts