Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Where is the other LMS-18?

That one looks so lonely.:bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
You've got two bests . . . .
The LMS 5400 is the best subwoofer and the Crown Itech8000 is the best amplifier!
How'd you DO that?
How big is that box for the LMS?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Box is 23x23x24.5, front baffle is 2.25" thick; which is the beefiest thing I can build out of just one sheet.

Don't worry, I'll be adding its brother to the other side in time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why worry? If anyone knocks on the front door, you will never hear it. Build another to be sure! Cheers , Mike.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
What is the Db reading at the listening position for that signal?

Fun stuff!

Robert
So, Robert, how has it been running with the "POWER"? You ARE the man with the "POWER"
Are those 8 LMS enough driver and the amps, did you end up buying Crown amps? I forgot. Are you thinking of upgrading anything yet? How bout some of those Chinese amp clones 14,000 watts? At $900 ea you could buy an amp for each LMS!
Have you driven out all the Alligators in the nearby swamps playing infrasonics?
Give me a short note about how life's treated you this past year. Shouldda been great with your Home Theater equipment.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
So how many of these do I need to recreate the 3 Hz Cannon fundamentals on the Telarc 1812?
Really just a matter of having a true subwoofer system that can play 3hz-200hz. So some powerful mains and plenty of subwoofer displacement and you should be fine. I dont know about 3hz but the Telarc disc I have has 7hz content that I sent to Krypto. He then made some videos of his subwoofers jumping around.

·
Registered
464 Posts
ISLAND,

What's up? I have been really busy doing all sorts of things, but not a whole lot HT. I do have the crown I Tech 8000 amps. I bought 3 new rental houses and rehabbed them in the last year and a bit. So, I have been really busy with that. Got a whole bunch of other things going as well, I hope to hear about how the LMS is treating you. I am planning a few things for my HT, but I need a little time to get things in order.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
R/C
The LMS never ceases to amaze. I've only got one sealed and I've got it paired with 2 21s sealed in about
9 cu ft. right now. I ran out of power with an XTi 4000 and also a Peavey IPR 3000. I need more amp to fully test either the LMS of the dual 21s. I'm thinking about a Chinese clone amp purchase. Still on the fence.
Good to hear your still out and about and keeping busy.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Duuude, my subs can do 0 Hz all day. :neener:

Seriously, If I had that think in my house it would just be a major headache with all the shutters, walls, and doors rattling around that I'd then have to go fix. I need a concrete bunker HT. No rattles!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts