Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I've always wanted to hear a troels design. I bet they sound awesome... I thought it's supposed to have a slanted baffle to time align the drivers though.

Congrats, excellent worksmanship you got :5stars:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Fantastic very natural, seamless scaling, tight bass goes down to 30Hz and then some, mids/treble smooth and extended -- want to be played loud but sound equally as good, at lower levels in my smallish 4.8sq mtre room.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
They do indeed have a slanted baffle, however this has slanted edges and is not a stepped baffle, as time alignment due to axial differences is not necessary with this design -- exact panel measurements are as Troels -- dispersion characteristics at the edges produce stable imaging despite the 15mm radius on each upright.

Note -- The way the slants and driver offsets are implemented produces the best integration between the drivers/crossover match and sound dispersion off the baffle.
Hope this helps.

Airdyne

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They leave me almost without a fingertip, knife slipped while cutting one of the 68 slots in the veneer.

Thanks for your compliment.

Airdyne

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
airdyne,

Beautiful workmanship...I wish I had the patience and the skill to build something like that. Hope your fingertip healed ok.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Truly impressive. I'd really like to see a detailed build thread on such a skill-intensive design: any chance of it?
I have no plans to show complete build thread -- photo's are numerous -- I first started Nov. 09 -- making the 12 intenal braces from 1" MDF using a router. The rear spine was then made and glued along with the first front support baffle. Then 3 sides of 6mm MDF were glued, one by one each curved side and grooves
filled with tile cement. The final 4th layer was applied using 4mm birch-ply -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

1 - 20 of 78 Posts