Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very impressive and inspiring! I wish I could create something as innovative like what you're doing right now. Update us more about it, we'll be happy to see it finished. You're such a talented person.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree with all the above. Your woodworking skills are in another league. Absolutely impeccable work.

I wish you lived around me. I would like to just watch you do that. I could learn a lot.

My dream speakers are similar to your cabinet design. They are definitely inert looking.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: My new project J&N

How did you bend your side panels? And are your braces glued already? It doesn't look like it. So if not are you going to give them a glue bath?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Re: My new project J&N

How did you bend your side panels? And are your braces glued already? It doesn't look like it. So if not are you going to give them a glue bath?

To your attention - the last photo / down - in left /.This is the matrix, the rest I leave to your imagination.
Nothing is bonded, I need to do accurate measurements of volume.
Greetings!

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
I wish I even had 1/10 of the skill you have!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
An interesting situation, nobody asked me what happened to the column volume in such ventilation! How will we calculate the volume/ have st losses/ in this complex form of ventilation?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote; rhale64
"How did you bend your side panels? ..."
It is my "Home matrix":

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
An interesting situation, nobody asked me what happened to the column volume in such ventilation! How will we calculate the volume/ have st losses/ in this complex form of ventilation?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote; rhale64
"How did you bend your side panels? ..."
It is my "Home matrix":
One way would be to seal the drivers off with plastic, and then fill the cabinet with fine sand. Once you have it filled...drain the sand into a container to see how much you gave left and calculate it from the volume of the sand.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Quote: ellisr63
"One way would be to seal the drivers off with plastic, and then fill the cabinet with fine sand. Once you have it filled...drain the sand into a container to see how much you gave left and calculate it from the volume of the sand."

My congratulations, I accept the answer!I asked this question in over 20 "DIY Audio Forum" except your reply a gentleman, from another forum proposed to fill the volume with cat food (there is probably a lot in home /.

This is not the exact answer for my case and I will try to explain:
- Your method can be used in cabinet designed with much less barriers /slats/.
- You should pay special attention to the "ro" specific resistance of the sand.It takes time and a little of simple mathematics аnd an comprehensible calculation error.

The correct material used it genius 2500 years ago - H2O!
At a later stage I will show you what my method is, but a little more patience.
Greetings,
Joro

21 - 40 of 102 Posts