Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Why and how should a beautiful project be changed at the outset?
The problem is in the frequency of around 5000Hz; There is a peak ,which strongly influences the average frequencies.There are two ways to solve this problem:
- Adding one more MW,
-More complicated construction of the filter I don't know the exact name , maybe (reager).
This project may be look beautiful, but will be changed.
As I wrote at the beginning of my post, everything is done by me, I do not use ready filters / and I do not recommend it to anyone unless it is a ready-made kit with cabinets /.Will try to explain why this project I had changed at the very beginning.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Before I start the comments , I want to apologize for my poor English, do what I can!
Excuse me!

Characteristics of the speaker in 55 liters closed volume:
What should I choose in this situation?
-1 option, add one more 18 FX001,
-2 option,remove one 26 FX001,
I chose a new progect with 4 identical speakers:1 х 26 FX001, 1х 22 FX001, 1х 18 FX001 , T 25 CF002

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
If I were you I would post this speaker project on the Diy audio forums. They will be able to help you out with your problem more than most. Very knowledgeable folks over there. I sure wish I could help.

I still love your project. And still wish you lived around here. I would love some lessons. You have fantastic woodworking skills.

If you do post in those forums please come back here and tell me. I will be excited to see the responses. And want to keep up with your project.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
If I were you I would post this speaker project on the Diy audio forums. They will be able to help you out with your problem more than most. Very knowledgeable folks over there. I sure wish I could help.

I still love your project. And still wish you lived around here. I would love some lessons. You have fantastic woodworking skills.

If you do post in those forums please come back here and tell me. I will be excited to see the responses. And want to keep up with your project.

I want to apologize for my poor English, do what I can!
Excuse me!
Maybe there is a language barrier, I have no problems with my projects and I do not need any help.I have enough financial and physical capacity to solve my problems.I tried to show an example of how a project needs to change because it is not well thought out in detail, that is all.
Joro

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
One way would be to seal the drivers off with plastic, and then fill the cabinet with fine sand. Once you have it filled...drain the sand into a container to see how much you gave left and calculate it from the volume of the sand.
I promised you to show how I find the volume of a complex, constructive body
this is how:
At the second photo, the red line is the waterline,must be fill with water next to it / everything must be perfectly horizontally!/.
-I measure the weight of the my vented inner construction - 3.5 kg.
-The amount of water is 42 l. in the box; 42-3,5= 38,5l, 4.5 l more than what's needed - what's next?
I know the total volume, now everything is very simple there are several options for correction;
- purely mathematical / small planarity, simple algebra and axonometry /
- methodically- it can be done in several ways- check out the folder;
There is also a third option, but for it later.

That is all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,801 Posts
How did you seal off all the MDF from the water so it doesn't expand?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
How did you seal off all the MDF from the water so it doesn't expand?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

In this construction I do not use MDF. I use a plywood and everything is covered with an aluminum sticker (I use it in the production of fireplaces- аnother my hobby).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The problem is that my investor likes the vision of the column.The decrease in volume must occur inside the construction of the cabinet.This sends the project in a more initial phase,we have a new requirement for the project, second W18 EX001.
The old project stayed in the past ...

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow!! Simply amazing. I still don't know how you bent your side panels like that. Most can bend in one plane. But yours are bent in two. The top seems to curve in as the rest curves from the front to the back.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Wow!! Simply amazing. I still don't know how you bent your side panels like that. Most can bend in one plane. But yours are bent in two. The top seems to curve in as the rest curves from the front to the back.

Just-magic!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I have an idea to make a new project to in the base there should be two 10" loudspeakers - just an idea. They look like animals, maybe dinosaurs, but important are 20Hz.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes it is impressive isn't it? That is my goal. To build a speaker like that. I have envisioned it but it seems like such an undertaking.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts