Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
cynical......Marantz

thewire....in retrospect a very good idea :(
Thanks. Isn't this the 2nd new projector with a bulb problem in the last 7-8 weeks?

Any chance something is going on that could cause premature failures (lack of clean power, etc)? I'm not an electrical wizard...but I'm just wondering if it could be more than coincidence??? :huh:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The first was a flickering lamp on a Mitsubishi from first fire up. I got the whole PJ replaced and sold it.
On my Marantz I use high fan and low lamp at all times. It is in a central air controlled room. I never turned it on any less than 2 hours after it would be powered down and never more than two power cycles and usually only one per day.

Not sure what caused it to explode....any ideas?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
90 minutes after I call I'm finally done.
Guess what, they are making me pay shipping to Super Scope in Illinois.
At first he wanted me to take out the lamp and just ship that to them for a replacement. But when I turned the PJ over a TON of glass shards cames out onto my table.
And on top of that the fixture was not removeable!!! Must have gotten damaged during shipping at some point or put together like ****!

So now on a six week old PJ I have to wait 2-4 weeks and pay for the shipping :( :( :(

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I must love being punished...I just got the lamp assembly out, so now I am on hold AGAIN with an approximate wait time of 68 minutes. Hoping to just have to ship this busted lamp to Marantz and then get a new one.
This will be three hours with the phone on my ear just to replace this lamp!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Sounds to me like Marantz needs to work on their customer service. If it was me I would bring the whole thing back to the place of purchase and demand a replacement of a different manufacturer.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's a great idea...but I already shipped it out to superscope to get cleaned and a lamp replacement. Luckily under 90 days so it is free other than the cost of shipping the PJ.

**Listen to this, I called back to see if they thought it would be a good idea to just send the lamp as I was able to get it out finally....but after 131 minutes, yes I said two hours and eleven minutes I hung up as my arm and neck strated cramping.

I will NEVER buy another Marantz product after this experience and will steer friends and family away as well.

G

·
you waited 2+ hours on HOLD for Support?!?!?! :thud: *OUCH* you are a glutton for Punishment. Oh now I see your name, so you are used to waiting...

*signed a Dallas Fan*

On a serious note, I hope you get your replacement, and all works well for you. I hate hearing horror stories like this, when I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a PJ (Mits HC 4900, doing the HT on a serious budget!)

Rett Delaware

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Where was the dealer through this process? Marantz has had some problems with their processes and communication systems in the last year due largely to the moves of facilities and reorganization. We have had problems getting things done but handled them so that our clients would not have to. Any decent dealer should be doing the same.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.