Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, for the last weeks I work hard to tweak my audio listening room. I didn't use an EQ and I'm still learning how to understand all graphs in REW.

I manage to correct a dip around 70hz but I still have a dip between 1200 and 2300hz. There's no dip at 1m from speaker, and measuring speakers separetly gives me a better response.

I attached my rew measurements, you'll find the measurement with the bass dip, measurement when I corrected it (90 degree pointing torward ceilling) and my last measurement with mic point forward with 0 degree file.

Any suggestions or comment will be appreciated. I liked the way it was sounding before I corrected the bass dip. Now I'm rediscovering what bass is!!! If I can get this amount of improvement by correcting the 1200hz + I'll be shock.

Gear used :
Dell portable
REW
umik-1
TEAC USB dac to amplifier
Listening spot at 8 feet from speakers

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's my room setup.

I have to keep the door to the right open. The door at the bottom is close. If open there's a 40hz peak, and bass is a less flat. I prefer with door closed.

I tried different acoustic panels* placement. This is by far the best placement. Left and front walls are cement basement walls and the other gypse only walls.

I removed the ceiling panels today but they are good on the ceiling. I tried to place them on right wall but I didn't get enough improvement to keep this configuration.

To get the bass boost without messing everything, I have to keep speakers close to rear wall and as far as I can from side walls. I will have to play with speaker angle a little bit more. Image is centered and soundstage is good.

I cover the aquarium with couch cushions and there's bean bags(ear level) behind the listening spot.

There's a shag rug between the audio rack and couch. Under it I placed the kid's giant puzzle pieces.

* DIY acoustic panels made from 2 2'x4' roxul comfortboards.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts