Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Hello,
What do you think of you MC1's?
I also have MC1's and am curious what sub you are using and how you like it?

I'm using the AV123 MFW-15 and think it does movie "boom" great but doesn't carry well high enough to reach the bottom of the MC1's.

I'm really curious about the new woofer coming from Magnepan and maybe that would fix my music low end problem and I could just keep the MFW for 40hz and below which it does great.

Also, what do you think of the CC3, I'm using 2 MC1's for center and am mostly happy.

james

· Registered
7 Posts
I've just changed my speaker set up and moved the MC1's that were centers from the side of my screen to the top and mounted them side by side with some fairly heavy toe in to help the room coverage. They worked great on the sides but my stereo set up was suffering and I decided to be more critical of that over my 5.1 set up.

I'm also using the Emotiva XPA-5 and love it, there's no replacement for displacement (sorry, motor analogy:)).

I'll have some new pictures up soon of before and after, i'll let you know when I get them up.

Have you done much damping to your room?

I just recently added some thick curtains and bass traps to the corners behind my L/R MC1's and am very happy. It made it a little less "Roomy big sounding" but focused it more and I think has made it more accurate and cleaned up the sound stage some, less messy.

james

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.