Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My humble living room

Here's an update, my humble system as of the present.

New(ish) additions:
  • TV - Samsung 65" HU8550 w/ SEK3500U OneConnect upgrade (4K, 3D, 10 bits, HDR10, HDMI 2.0A)
  • Now running 5.1.2 for Audyssey DSX & Neo:X (AVR doesn't do Atmos :sarcastic:), using Pioneer SP-BS22-LR for surrounds and front-wide channels
  • Xbox One S for the occasional UHD bluray and the occasional game
  • Still rocking the Sony BDP-S480 for the more frequent bluray and 3D

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Re: My humble living room

Me before clicking the thumbnail:

"What kinda weird-*$$ speaker mounting system is that on top of the fireplace."

Me after clicking the thumbnail:

"Oh, duh."

We're the Millers? Great movie!

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I recently upgraded to a Denon X3300W and with it, a new sitting position and room layout. I also added 12v trigger mod to turn the inuke on and off with the AVR.

Now that I have a receiver that will pass through 4k60/HDR and do Atmos, I could probably get rid of the UBD-K8500 UHD bluray player. I got it for its dual hdmi outputs so I could run 4k and hd audio before the AVR upgrade. I haven't been all that impressed with the player, in fact it's fairly buggy. Now that the Xbox One S supports Atmos I could just use it as my uhd bluray player.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks.

I recently put up some DIY sound absorption panels made with 2" of Roxul 80, varying fabrics picked out by the lady of the house.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Changed back to a 5.1.2 for Atmos.

The panels seem to be working great, re-running XT32 and everything images great. I think the rears image better with the panels in 5.1 than they did without panels in 7.1. Fronts/stereo are as clear as ever. Panel locations considered reflections but also were at the mercy of visual appeal.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts