Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Not much to say other than the response is really good.

Can we see the waterfall (using the same scaling)?

brucek

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Here is a better waterfall with proper graph settings
Looks very good. You do have some ringing out at very low frequency <20Hz, but I don't think it will cause much trouble...

brucek

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Salvasal

Here is my original sweep with no EQ'ing (Green trace) the blue trace is the PEQ filters i applied to get the traces from above.

Is that what were interested in seeing?

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
That waterfall, and the frequency response, look wonderful. Well done!

Tim
:drive:

·
Super Moderator
9,257 Posts

Wow, that's some pretty severe equalizing...

Looks like you have ~15 dB boost at 20 Hz? Plus a lot in the 50 Hz and 90 Hz regions? Plus some extremely narrow filters, which seldom offer any benefit. With that much equalizing, especially down low, I hope your system has enough headroom to handle it...

Your baseline graph shows fairly severe deviation between the peaks and valleys. It would be best to find another location that would give a better baseline that would facilite less severe equalizing. Also, I see you've equalized all the way up to 150 Hz or so. There's usually no reason to equalize above the crossover point.

On the plus side, your waterfall looks really good. If nothing else it offers evidence that boosting filters don't result in increased ringing! You might want to take a look at it with a 300 ms window.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 11 of 11 Posts