Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife had severe preeclampsia and had to have an emergency c section at 32weeks her blood pressure was 177/110 and kept climbing so they put her on magnesium sulfate and about 18hours later they did the c section. My son was born at 3lbs 3oz and has been in the NICU now almost 3 weeks hes doing really well and will hopefully be home very soon..my wifes BP has gone down and she is doing great.. through this entire experience there has been a lot of ups and downs and unknowns and it might sound crazy but seems like one of the things that calms me down is just working on my home theater and reading and learning on this forum.. so Thank You :T

·
Registered
313 Posts
Congrats to you and your wife!!! It's good to hear everyone is doing well!!! I had a similar situation to you when my son was born. He was born early also. I cried when I saw him in the incubator with all those tubes attached to him. Thank God that my son is healthy and strong!! He is now 11.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you glad to hear everything worked out..I know how you feel I didnt get to see my sons entire face for the first 3 days he was under photo therapy lights so he had to wear glasses he had a feeding tube in his mouth with tape all over his face and chin.. but hes strong and hes a fighter.. the hardest part is having to call a nurse to ask how your son is doing people should be calling me.,and only being able to hold him at certain times of the day

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Congratulations! Its great to hear that your wife and son are doing well. I hope you also are blessed with a restful time now that they are home with you.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you both actually just got back from the hospital if he doesn't have anymore Brady's in the next 5-7 days he can come home!!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Congradulations on your 1st born man child!!! My wife was prone to pre-term labor & was on bed rest for the last 3 months of her pregnancies...still, each of my two girls were born @ 32 weeks & on ventilators for the 1st 24 hours with all the tubes & wistles, kinda looked like the back of my AVR (that's a little HTS humor). Me being an ICU nurse, that kinda stuff doesn't bother me like I would imagine it does a lay person. Anyway, good luck with the family!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you ..it's hard to see but we know he needs to be there until its safe to come home ...hopefully only about 5more days just in time for football Sunday

·
Registered
490 Posts
my best female friend.her and her husband had a premature baby so small.i could hold that child in one hand.the baby's butt was on the palm of my hand.i was supporting her head with my fingers.she was tiny!that child is 12 years old now.so just because you have a premature child.things can defo turn out to be fine.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well got some good news from the Dr yesterday he said if my Son doesnt have any bradycardia in the next week he can finally come home on Friday will be almost 6 weeks

·
Registered
313 Posts
That is great news!! It's going to awesome to not have to go to the hospital anymore!! Congrats to you guys!! Keep us updated!!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Congratulations! 8 weeks is nothing these days.

Our firstborn daughter was born 12 weeks and three days early, weighing 2lbs and 14 inches from crown to toe. C-section due to preenclampsia. She is now turning 13 with no symptoms of anything at all. In fact she's our most healthy child. Our two fullborne sons are more prone to illness. We spent 2,5 months in hospital watching her grow strong and healthy.

In fact, writing this bring a little tear to my eye. It's amazing how strong the little bodies are, even that early. At 2/3 term they are perfectly formed little human beings. At the time, looking at fullborne babies we thought they were HUGE! :D

Enjoy your new family!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
atledreier said:
Congratulations! 8 weeks is nothing these days.

Our firstborn daughter was born 12 weeks and three days early, weighing 2lbs and 14 inches from crown to toe. C-section due to preenclampsia. She is now turning 13 with no symptoms of anything at all. In fact she's our most healthy child. Our two fullborne sons are more prone to illness. We spent 2,5 months in hospital watching her grow strong and healthy.

In fact, writing this bring a little tear to my eye. It's amazing how strong the little bodies are, even that early. At 2/3 term they are perfectly formed little human beings. At the time, looking at fullborne babies we thought they were HUGE! :D

Enjoy your new family!
I'm glad everything worked out so good with your daughter it truly is amazing how strong these babies are its been a long 5 weeks and just can't wait to bring him home, his sister who is 3 has seem him twice from the NICU door will be so happy when hes home

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@BX @ALM thank you both prayers truly do work and thank you again I'm just counting down the days for Him to come home And watch a movie with us on the new equipment haha

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We got the call we have been waiting for 5weeks now ...today is the day I finally get to bring my boy home. Thank you all for everything...today will probably be the longest day of work

1 - 20 of 38 Posts