Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know my wife and I both work for Union Pacific railroad. I Don't normally participate much in this forum but I'm not a big fan of bad news and this is what I seem to encounter when reading within the chat swamp. Having said that I would like to give a shout out to my wonderful wife for being selected for a promotion to Yardmaster. This is a pretty big deal for our family and somewhat of a prestigious position within the ranks of UP. She was already one of a few female Engineers within the company and this is beyond that. I'm very proud of her!

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
As some of you know my wife and I both work for Union Pacific railroad. I Don't normally participate much in this forum but I'm not a big fan of bad news and this is what I seem to encounter when reading within the chat swamp. Having said that I would like to give a shout out to my wonderful wife for being selected for a promotion to Yardmaster. This is a pretty big deal for our family and somewhat of a prestigious position within the ranks of UP. She was already one of a few female Engineers within the company and this is beyond that. I'm very proud of her!
Wow - that is awesome! A big congrats to her - hope she doesn't decide to fire you! :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe. Funny you should say that because my career is somewhat in her hands. I think I'll be ok though. I've actually chosen my job based on stress level and I like where I'm at but she has ascended both in pay, and also stress. She's much calmer and smarter than me though. I chose a smart woman but not sure what she saw in me? :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Congratulations. You both must be thrilled.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Soooo does SHE choose the electronics for your house?! So she would need HAF vs WAF??!! :D seriously though - anytime someone's career advances in this economy is a GREAT thing!
No, I'm still in charge of that department. She calls me the E.C.I.C. (Entertainment coordinator in charge). :)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Congrats to you and your family:). Maybe she can keep moving up the chain and you can stay at home and take care of the home(theater);).

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
That's very good news Jeff! Tell your wife I said congrats :)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Sounds like you have an very gifted wife. It is nice to be recognized for ones efforts. Congradulate her for me as well. Nicely done! :T

1 - 20 of 20 Posts