Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with all the new products out there we have had time to compair and now it's time to name your top 3 and why. This should be a good thread to help thoes that are looking for the best Sub EQ narrow down the search on whats working and thoes that do the best job. Lets leave price out of this and pick the best product that does the best job.

We could also have a top three that are the best bang for the buck also for thoes on a tight buget.

I'm looking for one my self so this will be of great help.

Thanks for sharing....Scott:T

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks wayne. Is there a clear winner in the auto sub EQ circle? JBL Bass-Q, SVS auduseey etc?

Have you ever hear of the rane pe-17? It seems to have everything needed to EQ a sub plus filters down to 10HZ. Is it good quality?

Thanks Scott

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm looking for the one that does the best job with a really large rooms 65x35 with 9ft ceilings with lots of tile and is an odd shape that feeds into more really really large rooms and more tile. I will be needing one to control and EQ 3 18IN MAL-X in 14CUFT ported boxes with 8200 crest pro amps pushing the subs with 1450 watts per sub.

Scott.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey tony...Yes I have bass traps in the back two corners with 2x4 on each side of the bass traps and a 2x4 above the fire place(first reflection point) and will be geting carpet for the listning area to tame the ehco as much as possible.

It's a really tough room but I'm takeing steps to getting it better. My house is 6400 sqft and is a really has a wide open floor plan. I just ordered my sound card and gallaxy 140 mic to do rew so I no what going on. My subs are being built right now so I need to order something as soon as possible. I'm not worried about buget but geting a unit that does the best job. Don't get me wrong I would like to stay under a grand if possible.

My front stage consist of three JTR triple 12s being feed by crest 8200 pro amps that feeds each speaker 1450 watts and have a rotel RB-1090 feeding 700 watts to two JTR triple 888s for surrounds. Each sub will also have 1450 watts.

The subs are a triagle desing so they fit right into each corner of the room. Front left 20ft from seating area. Back left 15ft and back right will be 40ft away from seating area. So this is going to be tough.

Thanks Scott

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wayne I really need your help. I found a pe-17 and was just going to buy it,but now you got me scared.

So you think the one sub being so far away could be a problem even for manual tuneing? I was thinking this would be the best lay out to cover most of the room. I can change my plans and go with just two one in front and one in back in each corner? Or I can stick with three and stack two in the back corner and one up front? Or two in back one in the corner and one 15ft down the wall? Or two up front stacked and one in the back corner? What do you think would be my best layout?

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Opps I mixed up the to things. The main reason for going with three subs besides haveing 3 channels availible was the spl was inline with the jtrs 124-126db.:yikes: I will be useing audessey for my mains and surrounds.

Scott

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It being such a problem with geting a unit that provides everything needed for a ported sub it's really makeing me consider going with dual sealed mal-x front and back? That would solve my problem and then I could just go with the beringer and be done with it.

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.