This thread is for all discussion of the Nearfield Monitor build found on AV Sound Lab.AV Sound Lab said:These tower speakers are being designed primarily for nearfield use, but would be more than sufficient for most as mains. The primary goals for this design were:
- Inaudible distortion levels
- A minimum of 30dB attenuation of cabinet resonance.
- Large dynamic range in the event that these are used as studio monitors.
- Maximum linearity such that there are no deviations from average more than 1dB (30Hz-20kHz +/-1dB).
- Wide polar response that closely matches on axis response in the event that the loudspeaker shifts duty from nearfield use....