Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Starting to build a sealed sub for my HT/2ch stereo and need some help.

Performance, sound quality and box size are most important.

Trying to keep the box as small as possible using a Qtc of .71 and a 10" sub. I'll have an EQ to boost the lower frequencies and proamp.

Any recommendations on which companies might have a high quality 10" for a small sealed enclosure?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
How big can you make the box? How much can you spend? Are you watching lots of movies, or listening to lots of music? If movies are your style you might want to look at a larger driver that can handle lower frequency, if music is what you like then 10" will probably suffice. Off the top of my head creativesound.ca makes a nice 10" and elemental designs has a couple of them.

·
Elite Shackster
1,506 Posts
Well of course it all boils down to budget... do you have one in mind.

Fresh off of parts express are two relatively common drivers. You have this Audiopulse with 22mm of xmax for about $230, or the titanic, which has been a proven performer in small sealed enclosures going for $140 with 18mm xmax, or the big bad mean audiopulse REVO 10 for about $400 with 28mm xmax. Ok that's three drivers.

I'll have to model these later when I'm on the right computer to see which is the smallest box, but I think we could help you better if you could be specific about what you are after. Are you opposed to going larger than a 10"? How big of a box is too big and how much $$ is too much?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts