Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running an ep4000 with my Aura NS18 sealed sub for a few months. i performed the fan mod which helped but unfortunately in the long run its still too loud to use all the time so I only use it for action movies.

I'm looking for a quiet amp that can get me close to the 1200-1300 watts I'm supposedly getting from the 1 channel of the ep4000 I'm currently using.

I thought about a used Crown K2 but have been told that the sleep circuit is very sensitive and kicks on regularly.

Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

dan

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
I'd suggest moving it farther away, of course that is probably not an option since you're asking. Perhaps another member has a quieter fan to use than the one you have: I believe Noctua and Scythe produce the best airflow/quietest fans.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might look into the Yamaha P-Series amps. They have a reputation for having quiet fans that don’t come on often. Probably gonna cost more than the Behr, though...

Regards,
Wayne
Thanks, Wayne. I saw those Yamaha amps. Looks like the P5000s might work. Its 750w x 2. I could try 1ch and if that doesn't work I suppose that bridging the amp would work for me.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd suggest moving it farther away, of course that is probably not an option since you're asking. Perhaps another member has a quieter fan to use than the one you have: I believe Noctua and Scythe produce the best airflow/quietest fans.
Thanks, Glen but unfortunately I can't move the amp to any other position further from the primary listening pos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts