Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 52 inch 1080i DLP and, other than tweaking the unit's setting, the unit has never been calibrated. I have started reading about user-friendly calibration tools and discs and wondered if anyone can recommend any of the available tools.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Tony's right, I use the Avia disc and it is easy to understand and does a good job.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 52 inch 1080i DLP and, other than tweaking the unit's setting, the unit has never been calibrated. I have started reading about user-friendly calibration tools and discs and wondered if anyone can recommend any of the available tools.

Thanks.
Are you asking about just setup discs?...or are you looking for a calibration meter and software?

RayJr

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts

Thanks.
I suggest you post the exact model number and be more specific about what you are trying to accomplish, as well as the rest of your system.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The model is RU52SZ61D, and I would like to calibrate the TV to obtain the best color/brightness/contract/tint/..., etc. I can get out of the system. For DVD, I use the Oppo 983H DVD player.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
SpectraCal has a number of packages available with their software, as does ChromaPure. You could also purchase a meter and use the free HCFR software if need be. I would be wary of buying a used Display 2 meter. Stick to getting a new one as you have no way of telling how well they took care of it. :T

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Much thanks to you all, Gents.

I will look into the options and get one of them. When I get a new display unit, I can still use it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts